If you are an RPG fan then this is a deal you really shouldn’t miss. Bundle of Holding are doing a special PARANOIA bundle based around the 2004 edition of PARANOIA released by Mongoose Publishing.
PARANOIA is a little different to pretty much any other RPG game. The unique setting and gameplay is what makes it so fun. Set in a dystopian futuristic city controlled by an AI called ‘The Computer’, and where information (including the game rules) are restricted by ‘security clearance’. Players are initially enforcers of The Computer’s authority, and will be given missions to seek out and eliminate threats to The Computer’s control. The players are also part of prohibited underground movements, and will have secret objectives including theft from and murder of other players.
The RED Clearance or basic collection offers:
- PARANOIA (retail price $24): The 2004 Mongoose edition (“Service Pack 1,” with errata corrected) of the classic 1984 SFRPG of light-hearted backstabbing in a future underground city ruled by an insane Computer.
- Criminal Histories (retail $9): This character-creation rules supplement helps your Troubleshooters uncover all kinds of treason in their past — their own and each other’s. Especially good for two- and three-player games.
- GM Screen and Mission Blender (retail $9): These charts let you generate an entire mission, from briefing to debriefing and terminations, with a mere 60 or 70 die rolls.
But if you splash out for the Ultra Violet Clearance collection you’ll get a whole bunch more:
- Flashbacks (retail $24): This must-have 256-page mission collection presents classic 1980s PARANOIA missions updated for the 2004 edition. Learn whyVapors Don’t Shoot Back, which citizens get The YELLOW Clearance Black Box Blues, when to Send in the Clones, and what to do when something falls off.
- The Traitor’s Manual (retail $9): A comprehensive guide to secret societies like the First Church of Christ-Computer Programmer, Psion, the Sierra Club, and of course, honest-to-Lenin Communists.
- Crash Priority (retail $9): Five new missions ranging from “Guard this invisible, undetectable train” to “Serve beverages to death-row traitors.”
- STUFF (retail $9): The Alpha Complex auction site, C-bay, offers a ton of new gear to make your life easier and/or harder.
- The Mutant Experience (retail $9): New mutant powers like Speed and Creeping Madness, plus mutagens and special equipment just for filthy muties.
- NEW! WMD (retail $9): Four tense, not to say harrowing, Straight-style missions, including the incredible “Hunger” by Dan Curtis Johnson.
- NEWER! Extreme PARANOIA: A jam-packed 128-page supplement with rules for playing characters of all clearances from ORANGE through VIOLET.
And since all the PDFs are DRM free it’s a pretty sweet deal all round. Better get a move on though because it’s only available for a couple more days.