Gaming Stats Infographic

Some things you may or may not know about gaming.

proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&resize h=100&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailyinfographic.com%2Fwp content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F04%2Finfographic on gaming by suckstobeyourgirl d4w2594 Gaming Stats Infographic

Safe Gaming
Infographic detailing why gaming and gamers are becoming more acceptable.

Google+: Reshared 1 times

14 thoughts on “Gaming Stats Infographic

1. April 22, 2012 at 10:01

I wonder where they got their stats. I'd like to believe 44% of gamers are female now, but it seems hard to believe. Maybe their definition of "gamer" is different than mine.

2. April 22, 2012 at 10:08

Well I don't think they're limiting it to hardcore gamers.

3. April 22, 2012 at 10:09

I have a LOT of female gamer friends, fwiw.

4. April 22, 2012 at 10:10

It seems fair to me. I know as many female gamers as male.

5. April 22, 2012 at 10:18

Agreed, +Eoghann Irving . I guess I don't think of playing Wii as being a "gamer" but hey… they're games. :) And I do realize the number of female hard-core gamers is rising, I just didn't realize/think that we were close to 50/50.

6. April 22, 2012 at 10:26

Wii gaming is about the only sort I do. Anything else is just too time consuming these days.

7. April 22, 2012 at 10:36

I know guys (and gals) who will spend hours gaming. They get home from work and spend the next 4-5 hours gaming. They spend their entire weekend gaming. That level of gaming just isn't for me at this stage of life. I like something that I can play for 30-60 minutes at a time and then go do something else. I'm not looking to master a game, I'm just looking to have fun.

8. April 22, 2012 at 11:02

Playing Zelda on a Wii is equally ''gaming' as playing it on any other console.

And it seems perfectly normal for a lot of people to sit themselves in front of the tv for 4-5 hours in an evening.

9. April 22, 2012 at 11:13

+Cathryn Orchard Yes, many people do spend 4-5 hours in front of the tv every evening. I'm not one of them. I watch about 5-7 hours of television a week, including what I watch on Netflix and Hulu. I have nothing against hardcore gamers. I'm just not one of them anymore.

10. April 22, 2012 at 11:14

I'm sure I spend more time watching tv than gaming, but part of that is because the TV doesn't require the uninterrupted concentration that more serious games require.

11. April 22, 2012 at 11:15

Not to imply that you were one of them Keith :)

12. April 22, 2012 at 19:33

Zelda is a fantasy game, of course it "counts" on any platform. :) I was thinking more of my Mommy friends who play Wii Fit or Wii Sports, but do not label themselves "a gamer."

13. April 22, 2012 at 20:34

I think there's some snobbery in the gaming community. If you spend 5 hours a day gaming, you're a gamer. If you spend 5 hours a month gaming, you're not a gamer.

14. April 23, 2012 at 03:19

My mum probably plays around 3 hours of Bejewelled sytle games in an evening and I am sure she wouldn't consider herself a 'gamer'. I am going to make her a 'hardcore casual gamer' t-shirt since I like the seeming contradiction.