Why You Should Feel Guilty You're Not Walking

Well maybe not… but a bit of guilt might get me out and walking again so it would be a good thing.

I actually find walking very enjoyable. I just don't have much free time to do it. But look at all the health benefits!

Tags: #GetYourAssOffTheSofaAndWalk

proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&resize h=100&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailyinfographic.com%2Fwp content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F03%2Fwalking infographic picture Why You Should Feel Guilty You're Not Walking

The Perks of Walking [infographic] | Daily Infographic
Mostly because I was too cheap to take a bus and kept getting lost , I did an insane amount of walking at South by South West today. I trotted across downtown several times in my trusty cowboy boots, …

18 thoughts on “Why You Should Feel Guilty You're Not Walking

1. March 17, 2012 at 19:26

I hate walking. So boring. I'd rather go cycling.
    The occasional walk to the local shops is ok, but long walks for exercise, I just hate it.

2. March 17, 2012 at 19:26

i walk whenever i can. some people try to get the closest parking spot…i purposefully park far away. :p still dont walk nearly enough though.

3. March 17, 2012 at 19:27

Then you're walking in the wrong locations +Scott Davison

4. March 17, 2012 at 19:27

I walk to and from work, about 3 miles per day round trip.

5. March 17, 2012 at 19:28

+Steve Warren Wish I could, but it's a 140mile round trip. Might take a while…..

6. March 17, 2012 at 19:29

I already do feel guilty. And whenever I go for a walk, I'm wonder why the hell I don't do it more often!

7. March 17, 2012 at 19:31

I walk along the lake edge, It's quite nice, I listen to music while walking, but still boring.

8. March 17, 2012 at 19:35

I can't just walk, way too boring. I've got to run!

9. March 17, 2012 at 19:36

That makes no sense to me. It's essentially the same thing. Same trip. One should not be inherently more interesting than the other.

10. March 17, 2012 at 19:37

I understad +Caroline Papreck completely. If I run or cycle along the same route, it's a lot more enjoyable for me.

11. March 17, 2012 at 19:48

I'd rather run for 1/2 hour than walk for an hour! Also, running really gets my mind clear whereas when I'm walking I get easily distracted and bored.

12. March 17, 2012 at 19:49

Well the point of the walk isn't to get there quickly. Or even to actually get there. It's the journey and the thoughts on the journey.

13. March 17, 2012 at 19:52

I can't stand forcing myself to slow down. It is relaxing for some people, but it makes me insane!

14. March 17, 2012 at 19:54

Ah.. but I'm not forcing myself to slow down. My average walking speed is 4mph. I'm forcing myself to go as fast as I can.

15. March 17, 2012 at 19:55

hhaha Well I'm a little motor…I don't do well going slow. :)

16. March 17, 2012 at 19:58

Guess I will have to chalk this up to things I will never understand.

17. March 17, 2012 at 21:23

I love walking. I hardly ever get a chance to listen to all the hundreds of podcasts that build up. Walking is the only opportunity I get. I have to say my favourite podcast at the moment is the Bugle. It used to be the London Times online podcast but when Rupert Murdoch was being heavily questioned about the phone hacking scandal they used it as a source of highly irreverent humour for weeks on end. I think the New York Times made mention of the fact it was hard to believe they managed to stay employed by the times for so long. Of course the wheels of power move slowly and they were cut eventually. They support themselves by donations now. They really do make a walk an incredibly entertaining affair although I do tend to get a lot of strange looks from people when I keep bursting out in raucous laughter.

18. March 17, 2012 at 21:35

i HATE running and jogging, but i usually walk at a very quick speed. its a lot more enjoyable now with a child because she points everything out and gets excited. one of us takes her on a walk daily, and now that we have more daylight to work with, we will go as a family much more often.