Are There Aliens In Prometheus Or Not?

More contradictory quote from Ridley Scott about his not prequel to Alien, Prometheus.

He indicates that Guy Pearce's character is a direct connection to the previous Alien movie. Clearly setting this film in the same universe. But then he claims that's the only connection with the previous movie.

What's going on? I have no idea.

Tags: #Movies

Want notified about my movie posts? Let me know. I have 100 slots available for opt in notifications. Preference will be given to the people who comment on my posts.

proxy?container=focus&gadget=a&resize h=100&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.bleedingcool.net%2Fwp content%2Fuploads%2F%2F2012%2F02%2Fguy pearce Are There Aliens In Prometheus Or Not?

Ridley Scott On Guy Pearce’s Role In Prometheus And How He Links The Film To AlienRidley Scott On Guy Pearce’s Role In Prometheus And How He Links The Film To Alien
I don't know what IC Press is, but it appears to be a version of the AP that serves Hungary. Several websites over there have passed on the same Ridley Scott quote in the last couple of days, all …

8 thoughts on “Are There Aliens In Prometheus Or Not?

1. February 26, 2012 at 11:31

I'm so looking forward to Prometheus. It has the potential to be such a smart film. I'm hoping the old-school sci-fi Ridley Scott came to direct this one.

2. February 26, 2012 at 11:35

Very excited for this movie ….

3. February 26, 2012 at 11:42

I'm going to guess that it's a mistranslation of "a new world" and people are taking it literally as "a universe disconnected from the previous milieu."

Because it clearly isn't.

4. February 26, 2012 at 11:49

You can probably save a spot for someone else because I rarely watch movies.

5. February 26, 2012 at 12:06

Is this a movie about the discovery of fire?

6. February 26, 2012 at 14:14

Well I could have sworn I saw an Alien pod-thing like what spits out a larval creature in the first movie in the trailer. A while back I read a leaked summary, which was later disavowed, but everything I've read since and seen in the trailer 100% matches it.

If so, and thus this might be a spoiler, this movie is about how we find some alien artifacts on Earth and then go exploring, looking for an alien homeworld of a race that might have seeded us on Earth only to discover they were destroyed by some bioweapons they created, i.e., the xenomorphs. (Which, frankly, doesn't really sound that exciting because the whole Life Here Began Out There trope has been pretty done to death in my book. If you mash up a little Battlestar Galactica with the videogame series Xenogears/Xenosaga, you're right there.)

7. February 26, 2012 at 14:16

I love me some Ziggy and KOS-MOS, +Matt Redding

8. February 26, 2012 at 14:17

+Mike Wyner They might as well go whole hog and get the Zophar relic and the Gnosis involved. Hee.